zenPeak style “What I Can Do For You” Resume
“I once again would like to thank for the session and all your advice. I updated my profiles on Workopolis & Monster with the ‘repaired’ resume and already received 3 interviews, within just 5 days. That’s fantastic! You can use it as a testimonial” DA
follow the step by step in green to create your own…
3 second “What I Can Do For You” resume
start with a powerful descriptive tagline (customized for each opportunity)
20 years of executive experience in e-Business, Target Marketing & Talent Development
this next functional section categorizes your top skills and experience from all your career & life experience (not chronological)
include specific numeric results
eliminate any soft language (eg. “team player”)
e-Business: a technology trailblazer from social networks to data-rich marketing.
- Social Networks for Business –a hands-on track record of marketing and promotion in the Web 3.0 world.
Results: 25% user growth per week on multiple facebook music pages (Frank Sinatra etc. over 150,000 members)
- Target Marketing – the specialist in real-time customer identification at the point of decision, and generating customized 1:1 promotional offers.
Results: high ROI & offer redemption rates over 43% vs. industry average of 12%. Increased store profits by $1,000 per month with a system ROI of just 90 days.
- Entrepreneuring & Executive Consulting– start-ups, going public, going private, divestitures, multi-unit growth & operations and I have the scars to prove it!
Results: a 700% increase in sales over 8 years.
Hands-on Target Marketing
- Online Brokerage System – recruited the talent, then led the delivery of a complete, working online brokerage system for a mid-size public brokerage house; content creation, publishing, tools, system, branding, positioning, strategy execution, operations management
Results: “exacttrade” launched without a glitch on Y2K (Dec. 31 ‘99) built in record time of 6 months and at low cost less than $700K.
- Sales and CRM Development System – designed and implemented a bizdev and CRM system that reduces the elapsed time in securing new business, and focuses relationship building at the highest levels only.
Results: opens high-value 1:1 relationships with CEOs at a low cost of < $100
Talent Development: mentor, leader, coach and Executive
- Speaker, Trainer, Teacher – An accomplished leader in staff motivation and rewards programming, field training and team leadership for career opportunities in Financial Services, eMetrics conference speaking, creating and leading top-ranked meetup groups, seminars.
- zenPeak client-side – NO RISK recruiting of peak performers, zeroriskHRTM testing and assessment interview discipline delivers peak performers to Clients.
Results: peak performer salespersons generate > 30% more revenue.
- zenPeak candidate-side – Developed “3 seconds to career success” a “resume repair” system that improves candidate communication of “What I Can Do For You”
Results: minimum triple the candidate call-backs and job interviews.
- the Work Experience area is the proof for the claims made in the top functional section (“where did you do it”)
- detail the employer’s activities & scope/area of operations
- detail your specific title & what you did in that role
Executive Management, Consultant and Partner
2001-present Companies and Clients have included QuikTrip, Chase Design, P&G, Governments of Canada & Ontario, Cayman Islands, Medisys, Inc., Mount Real Inc., zenPeak, Fund Monitor, Bell Emergis, Scansave, LLC, Man Financial, Business Development Bank of Canada, Gordian Data, and many others;
- Delivered market-entry business consulting to a variety of Clients.
- Work was usually focused on extending their business on to the Internet.
- Led in-store Target Marketing company (Scansave) for 6 years as CEO.
VP Corporate Development, Rampart Mercantile, Inc.
1999-2001 Mid-sized Canadian full-service brokerage.
- Led the Online Business unit
- Recruited team of 8 staff
- Developed an online investment/trading service, online investment portal and original research inc. back-end quotations, trading, settlement and accounting systems.
Director Sales & Marketing, Bell Emergis
1997-1999 Tourism Technology Business Unit of Bell Canada
- Led the Marketing & Branding; Oracle-based Enterprise Destination Management System for Governments
- Provided design services, pricing and product positioning for travelinx and other Bell online products
CEO Flying Disc Inc.
1994-1997 OTC Public Company: Database-driven Targeted New Media Marketing Solutions.
- Delivered new media products and services in the tourism, music, radio and entertainment businesses
- Produced shrink wrap entertainment products
- Delivered targeted new media products to Travel Agents and Meeting Planners
Additional Work Experience:
Broker, Investment & Risk Management, ScotiaMcLeod / MidlandWalwyn
1987-1994 Stock and Commodities Broker: Corporations and High Net Worth Investors & Traders
General Manager, Public Optical
1981-1987 Leadership of a fast-growing company of Vision Care Professionals. 120 staff, 20 managers, 15 locations
Education, Licensing etc.
MBA, Rotman School of Business, University of Toronto, 1985
BA, Political Science & Economics, University of Toronto, 1983
Futures, Equities, Equity Options, Insurance & Mutual Funds licensed
Mergers and Acquisition Valuation Course University of Toronto / McGill University, 2000
Professional CRM designation, AARM course, 2003
Expert level: Photoshop, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Html, WordPress
Volunteer: assist National Director, Simon Wiesenthal Center, Jazz FM 91.1