Construction Position – Assistant Site Supervisor
Company: Large Construction Company, specializing in Shoring and Piling
Location: Toronto GTA worksites
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a wide range of projects. This organization is one of Ontario’s leading construction companies, specializing in shoring and piling, and is hiring for a full-time employee to assist in managing various projects across the GTA and surrounding area. Individuals must demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills. Be dependable, motivated, and exercise good judgement with the ambition to grow and develop with the company. This dynamic organization that fosters the growth of its staff. Competitive salary and benefit packages are offered to each successful candidate.
Salary Information: Salary range $50,000- 90,000 per year based on experience.
- Criminal background check is required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working on industrial construction site.
- Must have good listening skills and be coachable.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be flexible and be able to work overtime, if needed.
- Completion of Post Secondary Education within a Civil Engineering Field is required (BA or Dipolma).
- Presence on construction site in order to ensure that site standards are adhered to
- Training construction personnel and verifying their qualifications before hire
- Providing direction and delegation of tasks to crew members
- Planning coordinating, recommending and implementing the construction designs
- Working with other supervisors in construction site in order to determine working priorities
- Preparing schedules and assigning work to construction personnel
- Ensuring that construction work is completed on time and on budget
- Knowledge of safety guidelines and ensuring that all employees adhere to safety standards
- Determining work methods that result to improved efficiency and productivity in the work place
- Ensuring that the reports, records, timesheets, and invoices are approved by the construction authorities
- Ensuring appropriate materials are ordered for site work.
- Must be proficient with applicable computer software 9excel, project, primavera)
- Essential Skills:
- Must have a level of expertise in the construction industry
- Must be able to issue clear directions to construction workers
- Must have good communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good oral and listening communication skills
- Ability to work with and manage a team.
- Ability to operate power equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude and an understanding of computerized machinery.
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures.
- Experience on civil- industrial sites is an asset
- This is a full-time position with a 3 month probationary period.
- Experience with shoring and piling is an asset.
- Familiarity with Drill equipment and Crawler Cranes is an asset